Sunday, February 24, 2008

Daaaaaaaay 5 o dia cinco. (Choose your language)


Hello friends,

For once I actually get to post on the right day.  Day five has been awesome.   We played that 11:11 Tea House.  This woman th
at works there, Penny, is so cool.  She's her only employee and hosts lots and lots of art and musical events here.  Plain
ly put, it's just a cute looking shop.  It smells of tea and pastries, and rightfully so--it's filled with both.  She made plates and plates of delicious baked goods and set them out on the table for FREE!  Nothing's free these days, so I 
thought that was really cool.  At the end of the night, I got a short interview with her and she told me all about how she runs the place honestly out of the goodness of her heart.  She believes in art and music, in conservation (everything in her place was given to her, or made by her from old things) and taking care of people.  She named it 11:11 because at that time, she and her father would make a wish, and opening this Tea House was one of her wishes.

I love stories like that.

Georgia is beautiful.  The trees stretch tall, and they're thin and lanky.  We stopped in Tenn. at The Universit
y of the South which has got to be THE most gorgeous school in the history of the Earth. Period.  Don't try and debate 
me.  It was pretty because it was hardly there.  It's encased in nature completely.  The trees and leaves cover everything and the "buildings" (which look more like country houses, complete with porches) are h
idden behind it all.  I love it.   Anyway, at the top of this mountain we stopped and were enthralled in our amazing view of the state.  Hills, valleys, and so much green.  It was great. We took lots of goofy pictures.  Mike went "rock climbing" for about 2 feet and then did some goofy stuff I'm sad I missed with my camera.  Gawking at nature is awesome.  It's nice to see the country and be reminded that all of America does not look like Texas.  Nature, hills, breathtaking views like that always remind me of God.  He knew we'd enjoy it and I'm glad for it all.  
Anyway, I haven't even talked about the music.  I thought our sets went well.  Let me try and remember them for you: Trapdoor: Elizabeth, Liberty's sons, Four Green Mountains, Earth Mouth, The Annunciation.  Balmorhea: Soft Rustling (which is totally different from the version on the self titled album. I get a sweet solo at the beginning), Baleen Morning, Winter, Limmat, Barefoot Pilgrams, and the new untitled song.  Good stuff. I was frustrated a little with the sound, just cause it sucks not having monitors.  We could only hear ourselves from the main speakers.  lame.  I felt weird about it.  Don't think it was the best set I've done.  Buuuut people said it sounded good and they seemed happy and that's the point of it all right?

Alex and Adam went to Greenville, South Carolina to stay with Alex's sister Austin.  She came to the show and brought bunches and bunches of people with her.  Michael, Rob, Dave and I stayed here.  Now we're enjoying internet that we haven't had in a while and are watching stupid videos on youtube.  We've been laughing at Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Good Job. (shakes head0 it's so stupid. but funny...I'm kind of ashamed.  Friends of Michael's were nice enough to give us their apartment for the night.  Everyone has been so nice. It's great.  This tour has really opened my eyes to the kindness of people, and how much life is truly about enjoying each other.

ok.  This hasn't been that entertaining. I appologize.  Tomorrow I'll upload pictures and transcribe some stuff I wrote in my journal during the drive (assuming I get up early.  It's almost 3am here).  Anyway, thanks for reading my friends. 

love you all,
-Aisha

No comments: