Tuesday, February 26, 2008

day 8 - Charlottesville


Hey friends,

We're currently hanging out in the Tea Bazzar (spelling? I should be more precise about that).  We're playing here tonight.  We've been sitting around, reading, eating and sipping on tea until it's go time.  

We stayed in a hotel last night so we could be a little closer to Lexington, Virginia, where Trapdoor had a live radio performance at the Washington and Lee University.  That went pretty well.  


Rob is feeling a little better, but he's still sick and very medicated.  The day he went to the doctor, we saw a college newspaper headline that said something along the lines of "flu epidemic hits unprepared campus."  Stupid flu.



I didn't take any pictures there.  And I haven't taken any here in Charlottesville. I'm getting really lazy about it.  I'm also getting lazy about blogging.  I just don't wanna do anything actually.  I want some sleep. and a movie.  and...some ice cream.  and my gals.  It's exactly a week into the tour and I'm already missing my Austin crew.  We're like sisters! I can't help it!  I miss being goofy and nonsensical with my roommate.  And I miss my blood sister too.  She's the best.  But, phones are great.

The guy from the radio show took us out to lunch at this Italian place.  I was unaware when I ordered spaghetti that my plate would be a foot long.  Dave ordered an entire pizza...for himself. lol He's shared it with us since then.  So don't get the wrong idea.  Point of the story is we ate well.

But yeah, lots of sitting around.  My battery is gonna die soon.  Sorry there aren't many pictures up.  I've literally taken hundreds but uploading them to the internet takes for-ev-er, and getting them on blogger has been problematic for some reason.  I just spent forever trying to get TWO pictures up. so annoying.  Anyway, I'm doing what I can to give you a tiny glimpse into our lives.

Notes to people:

Alison-Danyelle-Monica-Taylor-Tucker: I miss you guys immensely!
madre-padre-mi hermana fantastica: te amo 

-Aisha


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

been listenin' to the new cd on repeat and miss everyone much. love the pictures and love the blog. i read it daily and can't wait to be back with y'all during sxsw. happy travels!

Anonymous said...

i know you miss us, but don't kill anyone please :) i think this will be my first all-nighter of college, are you proud?