Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 8 - Charlottesville

Wrote this about Day 8 after the show. In retrospect though I'll say that we didn't play badly, but the crowd wasn't really there to hear music. They wanted to Hukah. So whatever.

Day 8 - Tea Bazaar Show

The notion that the shows get better response as we go farther north has been proven false--well, was shaken last night. The Tea bazaar was weird. The Balmorhea set was good, it was just weird for me cause I was kind of positioned in a way that didn't really allow me to hear things through the PA that well. but whatever. hearing at shows? psh. who needs that.

ok. you know, i just decided I don't wanna copy what i wrote in the car. So I'm just going to re-remember and write things out. Trapdoor--we played half way according to the set list. Revolution Choir felt a little weird to me, maybe to all of us, and then Ship of Death turned into this improv jam that was pretty cool, but apparently not what the Tea Bazaar crowd was wanting. Again, they were there to smoke hukah. Except for a couple tables of cool people. We did do a pretty sweet cover of "Love is Simple" by the Akron/Family. But I think we all walked away feeling like it was a weird set.

oh well. The radio show Trapdoor did earlier went well, so that's cool. But I think I already wrote about that. I don't really remember. Things are beginning to blur together. I just realized that was a lame report of the show...I apologize. When you feel strange about a set, the last thing you want to do is think about it repeatedly and then break it down into bunches of details to squish into paragraphs. I have some pics, but we'll see if blogger decides to let me upload em.

I'm about to write about today so go read that now. adios

-Aisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

psh. whatever, Ship of Death is an awesome song. it's my favorite.