Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 14 - Aug. 19 - Tuesday

Tomorrow we will have been on the road for two full weeks! Crazy. We keep talking about how Marfa feels like forever ago. Any normal sense of time has vanished for the most part. Which is weird...On one hand, it could be because we cover so much ground in one day. We wake up in one place, stop at a billion gas stations in different places, play at one place, eat some where, drive to our sleeping place, etc. But at the same time, sometimes it feels like we really don't do thaaat much. Touring land is strange.

Today has been rather laid back. It was only about a 3 hour drive from our hotel in some strange place in Idaho to Salt Lake City, Utah, where I am writing you from. I am actually laying on the floor downstairs at Coleman's house. We just finished watching a camp video from Laity Lodge, the summer camp that's responsible for so much of the Trapdoor-Balmorhea connections. I feel like at least half the people I meet from that circle met at Laity Lodge, so I was excited to see this place that created so many friendships. It looked like a lot of fun: enormous water slides, tubing on the river, zip lines...wish I went to summer camp.

I thin Mike's about to pop in a Niel Young movie so perhaps I'll watch that...or just lay around. We've got three hours before we have to load in. It feels so good to have time!

until later my friends,
-Aisha

1 comment:

Marcus Goodyear said...

Hey, Aisha. I found this through my google notification on Laity Lodge.

Just so you know, Laity Lodge is more than just camp for kids! We have a retreat center that a lot of adults enjoy as well. It's not quite as wild as LLYC, but you should check it out if you get a chance at laitylodge.org.