Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 6 - Aug. 11 - Monday


Nicole and I woke up at 9:45 and slowly got ready. We slept in the bedroom of a little girl named Frances. She had a pretty cool doll house set up full of cute little people. Frances also apparently loves to draw. She had crayon colored drawings hanging everywhere. Alex (Hooch), while waiting for sleep we wondered which of her pictures would be your favorite. I think we decided on a shaky looking boat she drew with giant alphabet letters riding inside. My favorite was her awesome looking map of north america, labeled and everything. We also wondered why Frances had a lot of pictures of herself in her room. Anyway, no one cares about this but me. We ate breakfast at this bakery filled with fair-skinned soap opera looking women who appeared to very comfortable, like they don't need to work..ever again comfortable. I'm sure seeing us walk in must've been like some kind of traveling show to them.

Brian and I shared a bag of $2 Day old pastries while everyone ate up and waited for their coffees to wake them.

California is beautiful. It's so different up here already. The hills are a little less green but the land is golden brown. And for a while, all we could see to our left was a stretch of infinite blue pacific ocean. It was gorgeous. The air is pretty cool, but the second you come down the mountains the heat reminds you that it is summer. I love it.

Alright, it's been a long stretch of writing for me. We've been listening to a band called Through Me The Statue and we just finished the "All is Well" album by Sam Amidon. We are stopped at a gas station about 44 miles from our next stop, an In and Out Burger. But before I go, I should mention that in Pismo Beach, Cali., we walked into a Chevron gas station playing Sigur Ros. That is ridiculously rare, so Rob talked to them and gave them a Balmorhea CD. Turns out the guy had a few Balmorhea tracks on his ipod that a friend had given him, and when we walked back in he was playing "Attessa."

Also, Sean, I took a picture of an ad inside for an energy drink called "Get Crunk!" and I thought you should know. haha.



Until next time,
-Aisha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aisha,
Hello my darling friend. It was so good for the soul to see you/ hear you guys play the other day. You guys put on a great show. And I am now stalking you via this blog

I know that touring is consuming your time and this is a big request, but I would love it if you got the time to e-mail those pictures from the other night (and I know Austin would, too).

Big Love,
SD

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited that i know an artist you're talking about (granted i got the cd from you, but still)!

have you ever heard of meriwether?

Sean Padilla said...

That "Get Crunk" drink looks nasty as hell! lol

Unknown said...

hey aisha and co.

sounds like the west is all that it should be. thanks for writing, give the boys (and nicole) my love, and put on the inuit games song for me!

peace
alex