Thursday, October 22, 2009

Zaragoza, Spain

Buenos Dias,

I'm writing you from our Hotel in Zaragoza, Spain. This is just the beginning of our second day off. It's been a pretty good break. I walked all over the city with Nicole yesterday, exploring the historical sights of the city. Some underground Roman ruins, a beautiful cathedral, a temple, and an enormous castle-like palace that dates back to 1000 AD. crazy.

so crazy. and a ton of walking. There is a city art museum probably a 20 min. walk away, but once I figured out where it was, it was closed for the 3 hour siesta. Yes, that actually exists, and nearly everything closes in a time period that's frustrating for Americans attempting to sight see. I could be there right now, except for the matter of my exhausted feet. After walking for nearly 4 hours straight, Nicole and I returned to the hotel, only to turn around and walk for miles with one of the guys that put on our show here. He wanted to show us around town and eat dinner with all of us. So we walked. And walked.

And walked some more.

We even walked in a giant circle to kill time before what was an early dinner for the Spanish (7:30pm).

After my trying to bribe Travis to carry me to the restaurant for 2 Euros and multiple attempts to channel my brain power into levitation, we arrived at our destination. We had some gourmet toasted sandwiches and hung out for a while. I was a little puzzled by the decor, however. We were in an Indian themed restaurant whose food had nothing to do with India. strange. Nevertheless, it was a good meal, although I'm said that the day left me drained and feeling sick. I felt like a boring zombie version of myself. I think the hardest days of tour for me consist of fighting off that zombie.

Today is Thursday I believe. So we've got just under a week until we are back in the states. Only four more shows. Today, we'll drive to France. I am crossing my fingers that I can avoid eating another sandwich for the next 24 hours. I am ready for tacos. I am ready for some Austin.

2 comments:

Danyelle said...

I'm ready for some austin too.

And aren't castle and palace sort of the same thing?

Aisha Burns said...

blah blah, I suppose so. I just always think of a palace as being more polished and ornate in style, versus a castle just being a dusty old castle. *shrugs*