Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 17 - Vinelz

Hanging out now in an even tinier Swiss town, or village I guess I should say.
Oh man. It is so adorable. We parked our van and right across the street we saw two Shetland ponies in someone's backyard. Nicole, Trav, Kendall and I ran to the fence, grinning and taking pictures. Then the others waved us back. I think the sight of four gawking Americans was freaking out the family having a quiet Saturday afternoon.whoops.

This venue is cool. Half of us spent a good amount of the afternoon playing games: 3D checkers (awesome, by the way) chess, checkers with chess pieces, a simpler looking plinko-style contraption, and something that worked like the reverse of Hungry Hungry Hippos. I could explain it, but it would probably only further confuse you. Just know that it was extremely amusing and Kendall was the victor.

I'm looking forward to this show. Hopefully people will come out to this place, even further in the middle of nowhere (no one at the show last night had heard of this place). But the weather is perfect. It's sunny and cloudless outside. Tree covered hills and mountains surround, and now and again a rooster crows. Everywhere I go here I feel like I'm in some sort of idealized landscape painting. lovely.

1 comment:

Danyelle said...

Hippos that throw up marbles?