Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Poland

oh man. so here we are, sittin around in the venue in Poland just waitin for dinner time. The past couple of days have been pretty good. Thought I was going to die in Prague. A tickle in my throat the previous day quickly turned into a cough, which then turned into a cold, which in Prague of all places turned into a fever. ugh. I had the worst migraine, sneezy, stuffy nose, chills crazy sick spell that I've had in a long, long time. Somehow, I played the show, then draped myself under my coat and laid down on a bed of chairs. Apparently the show was good. I don't really remember.

Sadly, I missed out on seeing the city. It's like Prague didn't really happen. oh wellllll. Another time. Last night we played in Dresden in a cool little theatre. Great hospitality there and a really fun show. I feel like we're getting to the point where I say the same things about every place. drive all day. unload. wait around a whole lot. sound check for an hour. wait around for dinner. eat some food. play the show. wait around. pack up. go to bed. :: repeat:: I'm having fun though. Just under a week left. Hope that volcano calms itself and we get to fly home on timeeee.

Well, well, that's all I've got today I think. Everyone is skype calling around me, but I hate being on the phone a) when everyone else is on the phone, b) without any privacy, and c) when the internet is fickle. lame.

I think I'm gonna go read and dream about dinner.
short and sweet today.
adios
-aisha

2 comments:

Alex said...

I can't believe it's almost time for you to come home! That went by really fast.

Danyelle said...

I'll go back to Prague with you! I'm planning my Europe tour in my head right now, which involves staying for free with all the people I've met an eating their delicious food (that I will of course help pay for)!

And no matter how many times you repeat yourself, I will keep reading :) Because I'm living vicariously through you...and I'm in grad school, procrastinating doing my work ;)