Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 2 - 1st show!

I'm writing from my iPod touch so forgive me for the brevity! At some point I will explain why travis' bass didn't get on the plane and why half of the boys spent our evening off driving 5 hours to go 20 km. But until I get to type with all 10 fingers, you'll just have to wait and wonder and choose your own adventure. Do it. It's good for you. :)

today we drove for quite some time. Took us 4 hours to do a drive that shouldve been 2.5. Ugh. Poland, how do u shut down a major highway and provide only 1 detour lane? Anyway, we were very late, and in turn extremely rushed. Soundcheck was fast. It was the first time many of us had played since the begining of the week. Felt weird to me! But I think we did pretty swell. Double enchore!

It's nearly 2 am and we just got back to our hostel. Our promoters took us out to a underground bar (literally), which was entirely unmarked, save for the little red door. Good people, the promoters. It's so refreshing and exciting to be around ppl who work in music and love the art itself more than the bottom line. America, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

Anyhow, perhaps it's time for bed. We are all in bunk beds in one little room! You guys know how much I like camp Balmorhea! Haha. Ok.
Signing off frm poznan Poland ,
Aisha

No comments: