Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pre-Tour All Nighter




It is 5:56am, and I am sitting at my computer next to this adorable little dog who, unlike myself, can barely keep his eyes open. Forty minutes ago he abandoned his bed to follow me mindlessly around the apartment: to the kitchen to get some water, to the bedroom to internet (yup. its a verb), back to the kitchen because I forgot the glass of water on the counter. Everywhere I go, he replants himself. He lays chest down on the floor staring at me because not only am I keeping him awake (somehow), but I am boring him. Writing things. Typing things. Ignoring the braided rope-like toy he keeps dangling at my feet. And after the shortest bit of time, his Puggish eyes slowly droop down to a close. It is the cutest thing.

I, on the other hand, am wide awake. All it took was one long 2am shower and some OCD-style apartment cleaning, and I'll be watching the sunrise in no time! This is the game I play before every European Tour, starving myself of sleep in hopes that I'll hibernate on the plane in a pseudo night's rest and wake up just before landing jet lag free! Works like a charm. ...However, we are driving to Dallas this time around which has upped the ante to challenge mode, as there are few things better than an early morning 3 hour car ride to lull you to sleep.

crap...

WELL--I've made it this far. Rob and Mike (Rike? Mob?..I'll work on this) will be here to pick me up in an hour and half. Bag's all packed! I'm ready to go! Fourth time to Europe in a year and half (At what point do we just invest in a house there?). Austin friends: See you in a month! European buddies: Here we come!

2 comments:

Danyelle said...

I hate you! Really, I love you but I am very jealous that I have not been to Europe yet. Have fun again!

Gabby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.