Sunday, September 11, 2011

Homecoming - September 10

! We made it back to Austin, safe and sound, my friends. I would love to tell you way too much about a mostly boring day, save for the few hours spent at Emos and my post show hangout with Andrew and Alex Dupree, but I am exhausted. We will see how much I get through. Tour is a tiring thing! And I'm nearly convinced that you feel it the most once you get home and lay in your own bed. It's like it all falls down on you right then.

BUT I will share that we played at Emos outside tonight as a part of the Wild Frontier Fest and it was so much fun! Granted, there is a silly amount of stress that comes with trying to set up and line check a 7 piece band that uses 20 some odd channels on the mixing board (weeee have a lot of stuff) in 10 minutes (deeeefinitely went over that). But we made it through. It was a quick show. People squished together as far as I could see. Lots of dancing. Lots of hooting and yelling and clapping. We only played 5 songs or so, but they were good ones. Fun ones! It definitely was not the most flawless set but hey, the people liked it.

We signed some records, some posters, some cds. Met some new fans. Met some excited old fans and posed for pictures (?!).

How in the world did I get here? Life is weird, but this is pretty great. And as life goes, this won't go on forever. So here's to my attempt to soak it all in now. I try to remember every detail of these days, so when I tell this story when I'm old, my kids might somehow believe that way back when, their mother was pretty alright at that there violin and played music with super talented good-hearted musicians--and for some reason, hundreds of people stood to listen.

Good night friends.
It's been a good one!

Until next time,
-aisha

1 comment:

Alex said...

So proud of you, as usual :)