Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Up All Night

I've deleted the start to this sentence about four times now (I just decided that the honest approach is the way to go), and its got to have something to do with my brain running at about half speed.  In 3.5 hours I will have been awake for a full day.

 This is the part in the pre-tour prep time when I stay up through the night (packing, cleaning, organizing--that is my method of choice) to ensure some kind of miraculous sleep for the full duration of the flight to Europe!  It sounds slightly tortuous, but it works every time.  Once that plane takes flight, my eyes are open just long enough to push all the appropriate buttons to make 30 Rock appear on the headrest screen before me, get cosy under that tiny complimentary blanket, annnnd then I'm out. hard. deep. beautiful sleep. 

...But I'm hours from that, so lets not talk about it.

Lets talk about this:


My armoire.




My wardrobe.


That is the full spread of what will live in my my bag. ( far left) My favorite boots, tiny impractical black wanna be oxfords, ballerina flats on their last leg, new Simple shoes--water repellant and warm and fuzzy on the inside. 

Next up: shirts for the stage. Followed by pants land.  Followed by shirts to relax in.  Bookended by warm things.  That's all of it. For three whole weeks.  Three, cold weeks.  Three sure to be fantastic weeks.

Yeah..it's 5am and I'm not technically fully packed.  But, well I had to give myself something to stay awake for.  Ever feel like life is a series of you tricking yourself and tricking yourself over and over again?

Two and half hours until breakfast!  

Look at that.  We're not even gone yet and already I'm blabbing about food.

Alright, until the time change, ta ta!

-aisha




2 comments:

Gabby said...

Where are the European comfort shoes?! Also, we miss you already!

Aisha Burns said...

I couldn't decide if I should get them! And then I figured it would only further complicate my choice of what should come along and what sad soles would get left behind...so I abandoned them in the store. saaaad. immediate regret though!

Miss you guys too! Punch Ben suddenly in the shoulder for me, will you?