Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cambridge, MA


I'm really starting to believe that some of the best experiences in life are a result of happy accidents.  Last night as we were making our way toward Boston, we found out that the opening act cancelled last minute.  I had some substantially nerdy-looking (but amazing-sounding) headphones on that were drowning out the "Aishaaaaaaa!" shouts from the guys in the van.  They were trying to ask me if I'd play!  

I said yes, of course, but was super doubtful that it'd actually happen...




But, as you can see, it did!  A lucky break.

I played a pretty spontaneous set after a soundcheck that posed as my rehearsal.  It was so. fun.! The crowd was nearly completely silent and super responsive, and I was charged with the feeling yet again that I really love singing before a crowd.   Hopefully there will be much more of that soon!

The Middle East. Cambridge, MA. photo by michael muller.
Double duty was a little tiring.  But I was the most warmed up that I've ever been for the Balmorhea set.  We played well, got ourselves an encore and sold out of all our new vinyl!  Not too shabby. 

Continuing in the tradition of this tour, I had five familiar faces at the show.  So encouraging seeing our friends all around.  Said goodbye to the pals I only see once a year at most, and loaded out quite quickly (the cold inspires efficiency). Oh yeah, Dear, Texas--the rest of the country really does have a genuine fall!  It's cold up here! I've been wearing tights under my jeans for the last four days with, not one, but two jackets!

The changing leaves, they've developed into quite a color palette.  It's one of the more beautiful things I've seen.

1 comment:

Alex said...

aaahhh I'm so proud!!