Sunday, October 28, 2012

Portland

The Bowerbirds beat us to the punch for the Saturday night slot at the Doug Fir, hence our day off last night.  No matter.  We took the opportunity to wake up slowly and play Sunday night instead.

In the morning, we packed up and stood in line for a much anticipated breakfast at Pine State biscuits.



Ok. Now, I don't usually do closeups of food...sorta weirds me out.  And I'm not usually one to indulge in such a breakfast BUT you don't understand.  This place is amazingly delicious.  Fresh made biscuits, with a fried egg, cheese annnd fried chicken.  Also...yes, that's an extra biscuit on the side with honey that I wrapped up and saved for later.

Couldn't help myself.

Then we spent about two hours at Powell's books and, somehow, I escaped with only one!  A book of poetry by Howard Moss.

The Show was fantastic and is made us believe that we have some kind of great luck in the West.  Had a lovely time in this awesome city.

And now, for California.


1 comment:

Alex said...

I WANT THIS CHICKEN BISCUIT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW!