Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The West


Our drive on Wednesday solidified my notion that someday I must live amongst the mountains in the Northwest.  I can't get over it.

On the road from Montana we pulled over a couple of times to take it all in.















I love starting a drive and seeing snowy mountain tops, and then reaching the peaks and realizing you're right in the middle of them.  At he heights of the range in the most northern part of Idaho, a powdery white covered the grounds.  I put on my gloves and scooped it up, giddy as a child.  I stood at the edge of the overlook and tossed tiny snowballs into the air, just to see how far they'd go. 


















 After a mild snowball fight and some photos, we shook the snow off our jackets and continued on through the tiny sliver of the Idaho pan handle and into Washington.

We pulled over again near the Columbia river at The Wild Horses Monument. All my words will be extraneous when you could just see it for yourself.  lovely.




























No comments: