Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 4 (pretend it was posted Feb. 22)

day 4- Feb. 23 ( I wrote this yesterday in the car. enjoy!)

I'm not exactly sure where we are, but Rob just called Adam from the other car informing us that we'd gone through three states in three minutes (Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky). We just drove on two huge bridges, arching over two rivers, equally as large in fame as in size--the Mississippi and the Ohio rivers. (If you're curious, we're listening to the Graceland album by Paul Simon).
The Mississippi was massive! So huge! I told the guys that for a second I forgot that Huck and Jim weren't real and I wondered how they'd set sail all alone on their sketchy "raft" and weren't afraid. I do that a lot with books. By the middle of the story I feel like the character's have somehow become a part of my life for a little while. I start looking forward to reading about them again, and I pick up the books looking for comfort like you get from an old friend. That's probably a little weird...But oh well.


So we've been driving since morning. We stopped at a place called Gailey's (I think?) in downtown Springfield, Missouri. The girl who was running the cashier recognized us from the show last night and swung by our table to say hello. She was really nice and even wrote down directions to the highway for us. We met nothing but nice people in Springfield. We played at a place called the Fountee Fount. It was a house where a few people lived. It was a really nice blue house, with three steps leading up to its porch. Inside, there were hard wood floors, a fireplace, show posters, and random interesting looking decorations. We were all pretty amused that it had a basement. And that's where the show was! In the basement! (I feel like I already said this). I'd always read about basement shows and now I've played one!

So excited.

No comments: