Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jan 21- Day threeeeeeeee

Hey, we are currently sitting in a coffee shop in springfield missouri. It's cold! and icy! The show we're playing tonight will be in the basement of a house. I've always read about basement shows and now I'll be in one of them. That's cooool.

Here's what I wrote in the car earlier on our way out of Tulsa, Okla.. Maybe later I'll get to upload some pics. I'm having some issues figuring out the photobucket slideshow. I think we might get a tour of a Chocolate Factory later. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Day 3 – Jan. 21. 2008

It’s day three on the Balmoreadoor—no. the Trapdorea winter tour 2008. We stayed the night with Alex’s childhood friend Nathan and his wife Valerie, and now we’re on our way out of Tulsa and en route to Missouri. The car is sprinkled with ice posing as water droplets, making it seem like the windshield wipers are neglecting their job. My view out of any window is hazy with the look of cold air. The naked, shivering trees have fuzzy edges, some with limbs cracked and broken pointing at the earth.

Valerie said an ice storm knocked out power in hundreds of thousands of homes and business in Tulsa for about a week. I know it was just ice, but there’s something eerie about so many wounded trees, and the two story pile of mulch from their clearing.

We awoke to cereal and cinnamon coffee cake. Towels on the table, and a bowl of fruit. We’re being well taken care of—or spoiled. But definitely in the arms of hospitable people.

We’ve had a lot of talk about chain restaurants. (music, album: “inspiration information”) they’re making all these cities look the same. You’re guaranteed a best buy, mcdonalds, a wendy’s a walmart, and some sort of generic looking shopping center. I hope we get to see places with novel town-specific things, or at least genuine things. So tonight is Spring field and tomorrow is Nashville! I’m cozy in the Trapdoor car again, right next to the snack-filled olive green cooler. We just drove over a nice looking river. Most of the ice has fallen from the window now. And I’m going to leave you to stare out the window.

Until the next wireless hotspot,
Aisha

2 comments:

@_johnbradley said...

Yay for updates dude! This trip already sounds awesome! Hey, there was a picture of you guys at your CD release in the Chronicle today (Thursday). I'll save you a few copies if you want, it's a pretty rad writeup that I think you guys will dig. Be safe out there!

- John B.

Anonymous said...

so I love your adjective usage in this blog. and I'm happy you have found a cool title for it too!

Keep em' coming! I miss you and I'm so happy you'll get to see Nashville!

Take lots of photos and saty safe and warm!

ilu
Mon