Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Welcome! Blog Post Numero Uno

So I should most definitely be sleeping.  It's 3:45 am.  But my roommate threw me a fabulous going away dinner/get-together/hang out and the last guests just left, and well, I'm a night owl by nature. 

I'm so excited about the tour!  And all the places I'll get to see, the music we're going to make and the people we'll get to meet.  I haven't been to any of the places we're going to (except for Omaha).  I'll finally get to see Boston and New York City and get a feel for what weather is like in places that have real seasons (Texas just pretends).  

I'm excited about this blog too.  Naturally, I write all the time, especially on trips that I go on.  So it'll be fun to share that with everyone, along with pictures.  Please please feel free to post comments and say...whatever!  This is a communication line to friends and family back home but its open to whomever should stumble upon it.  If you're a newbie, I'll fill you in:

Things you should know about me:
--I'm a 20-year-old Journalism student at The University of Texas at Austin
--I play violin with Alex Dupree & The Trapdoor Band and Balmorhea
--I usually write way too much
--I have ditched school this semester to run around and do musical things
--I'm horribly indecisive (it literally took me a couple hours to pick a title and a template for this thing...yeah I'm ridiculous)
--I'm quiet until the walls come down.  I'm really just a goofball inside.
--I am indeed the only girl on the tour  

So WELCOME! Read around.  Be Nosy.  That's what these things are all about.  I need to sleep now.  We leave  tomorrow (well, today)!  g'night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're damn right it was great night aside form me spraining my ankle... great send off! haha

I hope you have fun! I miss you already!

ILU
Mon