Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Send off - Aug. 5

Hey and hello!

Yes, it is 2:49am and yes, I will be waking up early in the morning to leave for tour. So yes, I should definitely be asleep by now. But this is what happens to me every time I've got something exciting/big to pack for--I wait until the very last minute, every time. You guys should start placing bets on it.

I also decide that there are a billion little things I should do, like wash dishes, update my ipod, get rid of embarrassing music so it doesn't come up shuffle, take a late night shower, pack snacks, switch books...it goes on and on...for hours. I am a meticulous packer. I am always trying to stow away the optimal combination of outfits, shoes, entertainment, food, etc., so as to not be dissapointed with what I chose down the road. It's ridiculous, really.

Anyway! Tonight we played at the Hideout Theatre with Bexar Bexar and This Will Destroy You. Twas a good show all around. Lots of friends came. Lots of strangers too. The room was pretty packed. Day one of this summer tour is in the bag! I'm gonna try to sleep now so I don't hate myself in the morning. I'm getting that feeling like I forgot to pack something though...I'm not brining my running shoes...I could wind up regretting that...

until tomorrow,
Aisha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were up at 2:49 and didn't call me :(there's no angry face
:( ). Well good luck on tour. Hope it's awesome...again. Great show Tuesday. I miss you friend :)

Aisha Burns said...

who are you anonymous person? :)

Anonymous said...

it's me. i couldn't figure out how to put my name, but I got it now. miss you friend! but glad you're having fun and getting to travel some more.