Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 3 - Marfa in Short

DAY 3 - Aug. 8

Ok. so i restarted my day count. I decided the day we left became day 1 and this, Friday, is day three. we are leaving Marfa, Tx, which has been great to us. I'm in the car, waiting to find an internet connection. so here are some highlights:


the show was awesome.
taylor played with bexar bexar.
We had a private tour of the art gallery called Chinati Foundation,
established by artist Donald Judd.
they put us up in a preeetty sweet hotel called the Thunderbird.
they made us dinner.
we had a greenroom with movie star lights.
rob and mike were on the local radio.
After the show, the gave us a ridiculous amount of beer.
And then a group of 15 + people came over to the hotel to help us finish it.
If you were thinking that that sounds pretty rock n' roll, so was I.
In short, we've been spoiled.
and i'm typing with only 9 fingers.
no, i didn't loose one. Reached into my bag yesterday annnnnd had an unfortunate encounter with my razor.

luckily, it was my right hand but man, its still a huge annoyance. I'm having to bow mostly with three fingers. Tis interesting.

we are listening to fleet foxes, marveling at the endless green fields. Nothing but open land. So much beauty in the bareness.

Next show, Albuquerque!

-Ish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your finger's OK.