Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 12 - Aug. 17 - Sunday

Missoula, Montana.

The drive up was soo hot! again! On drives like these I tend to sleep the whole time, even if I'm not tired. It's just easier to sleep than to deal with the heat. After going through some cool looking mountains, we arrived.

We played in an old small theatre in what I think was downtown Missoula. Yet again, I don't feel like writing a lot. So I think I'll just list some things:

-the opening group featured a classically trained cellist and violinist, both of which attended music school. They made Nicole and I nervous...but they were so great!

-their mandolin player was Forest O'connor...as in the son of violinist Mark O'Connor! That guy is ridiculous! I saw him play at UT, I have three of his albums that he's recorded with Edgar Meyer (awesome bassist) and Yo Yo Ma! Ridiculous. can't believe i played in front of him

- we went to this place called the Oxford. Super creepy. Been open since 1883 and seems like it hasn't changed much. i felt very aware that i was probably the only black person in Montana. People like to look a lot. Some creepy old weird guy kept hitting on me and was a little too close to my face...it was disgusting. i felt weird. and he yelled at the guys when they tried to stand up for me and get him to leave. i was uncomfortable there. strange place. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to tell you about all their weird menu names and menu items like cow brains...yeah.

ok, gotta go now. getting ready to leave! b-fast time

-aisha

No comments: