Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 17 - Aug. 22 - Friday (more more)

So Thursday wasn't really exciting. In fact, I don't really remember what happened, other than we drove. a lot. We drove from Colorado Springs, Co to Amarillo, Tx. Finally back in Texas! We ate at a Mexican restaurant called Rosas and then found a Motel 6 and hung out. We finally played Catch Phrase and were entertained. Then after watching both the men and women's olympic relay teams drop the baton on the last leg of the race, we went to bed.

Today. we drove. go figure. Am I starting to sound jaded? I don't mean to...I'm just ready for a break. For some home. And for my gals. I finished reading Mere Christianity today. I've done a lot of thinking about myself but I thought it'd be better suited for my blog and not on the tour tales. But staring out the window gives you lots of time to think, that's for sure. I think about myself too much. And maybe if I thought of everyone else more, I'd be less tangled up in the things of me.

Whenever I get to leave for a while, I always feel relieved, like I'll come back different somehow. But this time I've felt like no matter how many miles you travel, no matter where you are, you'll always be exactly who you always were. You can't really run from yourself, which I guess, is a good thing. Because then what would you be left with? haha. Ok... It's the tired talking.

Dinner was great (homemade pasta with broccoli). Mom is playing downstairs. We are in Abeline. Austin tomorrow. Show at Emos!

I'm ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when you see Mom again (I saw that they played with ya'll last night) tell them I think they're awesome. I'm sure they won't be that excited about it but I just think they should know.