Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 17 - Aug. 22 - Friday

Ok, so I skipped a few days.

The tour has been great fun, but we are all tired. I think I can decisively say I am ready to come home.

I'm writing you from the greenroom/upstairs band hang-out of the coffee shop we're playing at. It's a small place, but they gave us free coffee/snacks, beer and dinner (supposedly..it's almost 9 and it's not here yet. I haven't eaten since noon, so I hope it comes soon...).

yeah. I'm tired. This tour is a week shorter than our winter one but it feels so much longer. Was I this exhausted of the routine so early on last time? Maybe it's the heat...

I am not ready for school, but I am ready to live outside of the van and to see my friends again ("besties" as some call them [I decided not to rat anyone in the van out for use of that term]).

Here's a quick update of what's gone on:

Wed: we played in Denver, CO at the Larimer Lounge. We thought this would have a nice turnout with Cal Cahoone and the violinist from Devotchka playing. Buuut we were wrong. It was a pretty small crowd. And by the time we got to the last song, most people had left.

we also got paid a whopping $12.50. Sometimes, it feels as though you're gettin taken advantage of. Doesn't matter how good you play, you are just a ploy to get people in a bar to buy drinks. They don't really care to help you out. Good thing we're not doing it for the money.

We drove and had a dilemma in finding food at midnight. After indecision, we ended up at mc donalds. akward silent car ride followed said dinner.

We got to the motel 6 and slept. so tired.

Oh, foods here now. Gonna eat! I'll write more later...

No comments: