Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 6 - Aug. 11 - Monday night

Day 6 - Aug. 11 - The show

San Franscisco! I'm writing this a few days later than the actual day 6, so I'd like to make this brief. Then again, I say that nearly every time and they always end up being rather long...But anyway, the van made it up all the hills without a big struggle! Annnd we found a parking spot on the street just around the corner from our venue. That is great luck considering how busy SF is and how huge our van is.

We played at Cafe Du Nord with Lazurus and Tiny Vipers, who has joined us on the road for a few dates. Jesy is her name. She is about my height and about my size with a few non discreet tattoos. She makes beautiful music. And she is well liked by us all.

The show went pretty well. We had a good sound check and people came! That's always nice. Somehow, almost everywhere we wind up, people we know come waltzing through the door. Travis' girlfriend flew in and surprised him and Mike's brother showed up. Kinda funny. I don't really remember what we did after this...I think we stayed with Mike's friend who in college was in an 80s cover band called Drying off Grandpa. lol I don't really know what else to say about that. haha. He had a very nice apartment and left it to us for the night. People are so nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Squisha!! Drying off Grandpa is an A&M band!! I know one of the guys in it. They are pretty awesome. It's so funny that you stayed in the San Fransisco apartment of one of them...small world!