Thursday, April 30, 2009

April 29 - wedesday - Lausanne, Switzerland

Back to Switzerland! this place is so awesome. Everything looks really nice and well designed, I thought. And the scenery is fantastic. Enormous mountains and deeply blue skies compose the Swiss skyline. We were in Lausanne, Switzerland at a venue called Buzz Club. It looked pretty cool inside. In European fashion, our promoters had a table full of sandwiches, snacks and water for us. Truly do they know how to take care of musicians here.

After a pretty lengthy soundcheck, we hung out until dinner. Our friends from the band Henry Almond were opening, so I hung out with Jacque for a while (I hope I spelled that right...). We worked out a song in the stair well to play together, but because all three sound checks took forever, they got cut short. Three bands in three hours after things get started late is sort of a pipe dream. Anyway, our show went really well! We felt great and the crowd seemed to enjoy it all. We played a new song we've been calling "the christmas song" for our encore annd then i dashed away for the merch booth. I hate awkwardly lingering around the stage right after I play. But I found Jacque and his sister, who i got along with really well, and hung out with those two. All in all, pretty fun! Kiiinda wish I lived in switerzerland.

1 comment:

danyelle Sawyers said...

maybe one day you will live in switzerland. then i'll come visit.