Thursday, April 30, 2009

April 30 - Thursday - On the Road to Carpi, Italy

Finally! I've been writing for the past hour and a half and finally made it to today! I thought I'd never catch up. We checked out of the hotel provided for us at noon and just finished a crazy drive through the mountains. It was hot outside when we left. By mid-mountain drive, everything was covered with snow. That's how high up we drove! woah. I took some pretty great pictures that hopefully capture some of it. But man, there's noting like going through it. We were so high up and there were no guard rails for part of it. AND there was a toll stop inside this enormous tunnel. ...Thanks Italy.

Anyway, now we're en route to...Carpi? Remini? I'm not really sure. I haven't been very clear of our route this whole time. I just kind of get in the car each day. Nicole is asleep to my right, and Travis is gazing out the window. He's still a little sick. Agh, sickness and touring are not fun, that's for sure. The front seat chicos are pretty chill and we've been driving without music for a little bit after a run through a grouper album.

I'm really excited for some Italian food.

Oh yeah, we blew a fuse trying to dry clothes with our hair dryer. It was plugged in to our converter too. weird! So no computer charging for a while. Expect some Touring Tales delay. we're all doing well. Healthy (save for Travers' throat), emotionally/mentally well and no swine flu. Is it as crazy in the U.S. at it seems according to the New York Times? Or are the journalists just going nuts and creating a frenzy (If i learned anything from J school, its that journalists tend to do that)? you tell me. If it really is crazy, be careful my friends, as well we.

ciao for now!
-Aisha

4 comments:

mamadelapaz said...

FLU NEWS - Yes, it's CRAZY! And I mean, just crazy. Today's headlines say it's slowing. Sanity is returning.
http://justsixjournal.blogspot.com/

Thanks for keeping us in the moment with you! Loving it...living it vicariously.

Jan

Danyelle Sawyers said...

i think the media likes to freak people out. not to say swine flu doesn't suck and it's not weird that the same symptoms are popping up all over the place, but i still think they like to freak you out. maybe it's a ploy by Purell. i thought about that and then I heard it on the colbert report.

anyway, don't bring any new diseases into the country. keep having fun :)

Alex said...

yes, please don't get swine flu. they are closing down school districts left and right. the first case in college station has just been reported. stay healthy!!

Em said...

I am so glad you're doing this, it's such a great opportunity and I can't wait to see pictures when you get back!