Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 17 - Germany, near Frankfurt - 4 show recap!

It's 2:45am here. I'm attempting to stay up until my eyes start closing without my permission, in hopes that I'll be a few steps closer to sleeping on that 10 hour plane ride. In other news, yeah, I went a week without keeping up with this guy. Somehow this week flew by! And I never had internet, seems to be a theme of this tour. Here's an incredibly quick recap:

may 11 - Amsterdam
radio show recording for big station. had the best sandwhich ever. downtown walk. pot cafes. creepy, creepy, creepy red light district stroll. Jamaican guy who smells of pot politely cat calls me saying "ello, my preen-ses". i wait till i pass him and then laugh a good laugh. eat bad asian food with Nicole in an empty restuarant called Happy Corner. Finish food anyway, then proceede to eat half a pizza by myself. That's right, half a pizza. Watch tim & Eric and Freaks and Geeks with Rob and Mike. Call it a night.

may 12 - Rostock, Germany

I can not remember thi--wait. Artist collective place. Another room with bunk beds for camp Balmorhea. pretty awesome dinner. best soup i've ever had. already forgot what was in it. though the show was pretty weird. My mind was in a completley different world for the whole set. completely detached from the music. Things in string land seemed a little off too. I walked off pretty disapointed and underwhelmed. people however, love it apparently. really excited fan sitting near the stage yelling entusiastically after each song. crazily decorated stage, featuring a plastic baby doll, a skull in plastic leaves, golden shimmering glam rock-esque curtain hanging from Robs keyboard. giant post show bon fire. charring tree leaves. sing along time with an acoustic guitar. if you were wondering, yes, I sang Miss Ohio. I will add that it was by request.

may 13 - Hamburg, Germany

people were eating at all the restaurants outside in the middle of the day. what jobs do they have and how do I get one? Venue is right next to a big anarchist house. Ironically, they look sort of the same and gather around outside in a pretty organized way. Pretty alright show playing wise. Not so many people there...at all. BUT really nice promoter. Free food and free place to stay with more bunk beds. Crazy awesome guy at the gas station.

guy (just found out we are touring): where you from?
Rob: Texas
guy: USA Texas?
Rob: yeah
guy: oh, hardcore! What kind of music do you play, pop music? (does awkward dance move with arms near chest: fists in, elbows out)
Rob: no, its instrumental etc..
guy leaves only after saying while grinning: "I wish you many happy and successful jams!"

may 15 - Hannover, Germany

small venue. awesome people. fun show! weird string tones. oh well. encore! three songs. met awesome guy named Ralph. He has three guest books full of signatures of all the bands who have stayed at this place. Niciest guy. Long black/grey hair. Tons of punk casette tapes. Nicole, Travis and I have a pretty hilarious pre-bed time conversation till 4am. good times.

No comments: