Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday

I failed to acknowledge that two posts ago, Touring Tales reached its 100th post! I feel like some small celebration should be had. I should be like google and try to recognize a festive occasion by redesigning my logo or something to feature small balloons of assorted colors. But that takes time and I don't realllly care that much. So just pretend that something special has occurred, okay?

Well, since my last post, we have left Switzerland and are in the middle of our second day in Italy. We drove through the Swiss Alps, which are still the most incredible piece of nature I have ever seen. I couldn't have imagined mountains so high.

We took a ferry through them. Yes, a ferry. You drive your van onto this large metal cart that's something similar to the shell of a train. Then the long line of parked cars is driven through a pitch black tunnel for about 15 minutes, after which the train stops and you drive away squinting.

I'm not sure what the point of such a tunnel is, but I will say that if it saves you from winding through instense switchback curves at ridiculous angles, it is worth it.

The show last night was so fun. I think it's possibly the best we've played on this tour. Andrew said we rocked out more than usual. He also said I was headbanging in one song, but I don't believe him. He has been so fun to travel with, not to mention incredibly helpful in making us sound great, even on tiny little sound systems. Magic Man. I think we've all loved hearing Merryl songs most nights. I'm trying to convince him to play Hemlock Football and let us sing with him on stage. He said maybe, but I think between the five of us who love that song, we can break him.

Well, we're currently hanging out in the venue we'll perform in tonight. There are probably, and quite literally, 100 bottles of wine on the wall. The lady who runs the place is awesome. She has a dry sarcastic humor delivered with such a straight face. It's hilarious. So is this deaf fluffy grey cat that likes us, but releases such a scratchy pathetic meow. I think she's my new favorite feline of this tour. I think I like her more than the grumpy orange 22 year old Swiss cat. Yes, 22 years old. Alright. That is all for today friends. Maybe some pictures later. Someone leave a comment and tell me something about what's going on in America other than all the Nobel Peace Prize talk. p.s. it is true that people all over the world love Obama. It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Danyelle said...

22 in human years?! but is she as fat as Casey??? i do not own a TV and have not looked at the news in over 3 weeks. The only reason I even know about the nobel peace prize is because i ran into someone in the bathroom who told me about it. I'm officially a bad American :(