Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4 - Ottersum, Netherlands

Well, we made it! Just 20 minutes after I dosed off to sleep, Kendall woke up me up with a few taps on the back, bright (well, dark) and early at 4:40am. We brushed our teeth, grabbed the box of food the venue left for us and piled into the van. It was fun to watch the world get light. From black to blue to a paler hue and so on through sunrise. I remember staring out through the window in that kind of stare that traps you and keeps you from turning away. I thought through a lot of things that have been running through my mind the past few weeks, months even (I love that touring gives me space for that). I thought then about writing them out. But then, in a careless mistake, I thought about sleeping and that was the end of it all.

There are few things I remember about that 6 hour drive. The sound of Michael laughing comes in pretty clear, however. He, Rob and Kendall stayed up the entire tiiiime. Insane! But someone had to keep the driver awake. Today definitely could've been some sort of commercial for the benefits of coffee drinking. I woke up to "Boy From School" by Hotchip commin through the speakers and Michael yelling that we were only 15 minutes away and almost in the Netherlands!

Our show was in what was once a monestary and is now a venue. This place is amazing. We played in what could've been the old chapel, huge stained glass windows, high white ceilings and a stage enclosed with blue curtains. Things went quite well. Andrew thinks its the best show yet. We drew an older crowd somehow, eighty-eight people total. Did another encore, yet again. This is crazy.

After the show, we went back to our greenroom and had dinner. And oh man, I'm not sure if you read my last post, but I've been ridiculously hungry. Annnnd I ate so, so much! There was chicken in some sort of curry sauce, kous kous with tomatoes, salad, and quiche! Quite the feast! I went back four times. Twas delicious.

I'm writing you now from the gals room in the B&B we're staying at in Germany. It's so awesome! We have the whole upstairs to ourselves, four bedrooms and a common room for us to roam. It's maybe one of the cutest places I've ever stayed. It's 8:40pm and all I want to do is go to bed. Sleeping for 5 hours in the van was lovely but definitely not enough. There was some sort of crazy bonfire/ party happening around the corner that I think the guys went to, but I'm in such an exhausted state that I don't realllly feel much like talking. I'm in a bit of a hiding mood and mostly unashamed of that. Think I'll take a shower, get into my pjs and curl up under the covers. :)

Amsterdam tomorrow!

2 comments:

Alex said...

I can't believe you're gone againnnn! I am looking forward to keeping up with you through your bloggy. Also, I love how every post has mentioned the food you've eaten :)

Danyelle said...

Kous Kous: the food so nice they named it twice. Ironically from a movie all about pot! have fun!