Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 3 - April 3 - Rostock

There is probably a lot I could say, but all I want to say is that it's 2:30am and I'm laying on a top bunk while some terrible German version of a 90s grunge rock ballad is sadly creeping through the red, tagged walls around me. It's not alone though. It's keeping company with the voices of people who sound like they're conversing with their faces buried in pillows and the clanking of beer bottles being violently introduced to trash cans. silly. The backstage area of this venue has two rooms with bunk beds for the bands to stay in. As usual, Nicole and I are in what has become a gals room and the guys are across the hall. But just a few yards away is this troublesome bar, entertaining a drinking crowd. Not the best sleeping conditions.

Good thing I'm not planning on sleeping.

Somehow, in the wonders of booking, after headlining tonight's show, we are expected to be in the Netherlands by noon tomorrow, following what is no less than a 6 hour drive. This means that we have to leave here by 5am. The clock tells me it's 2:45am. My brain tells me I just might regret this, but I'm not sleepy in the slightest! We've been getting to bed so late, around 3 or 3:30 really. And I'm starving. We haven't really been eating lunch. I think we've been driving through lunch time, and arriving in town just in time for our load in and sound check. Our dinners have been pretty great but man, skipping that meal leaves my stomach screaming for something around midnight each night. So yeah, an empty stomach plus a bizarre internal clock is definitely keepin me from even attempting to sleep. Or even changing into my pajamas for that matter.

Anyway, enough griping. I'm not as uncomfortable as I sound, promise! The highlights of my day were as follows:

1) playing Nintendo on my computer (with a real controller!) today with Andrew and Travis.
2)a pretty filling breakfast served by a disgruntled indie looking German man
3)seeing a grown man walk down the street with a giant horse balloon floating in the air before him, tied to the zipper on his sweater.
4) oh yeah, and the show was pretty fun too :)

No comments: