Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7 - Brussels show

I have exactly 6% battery power left on my laptop and a frightening looking outlet in my room. ack! I also need to be dressed and ready to go at 8am. Really, I should be sleeping. But I'm very wide awake.

I'm only writing to say that tonight was the most fun I've had playing music yet on this tour. I think I somehow got into an autopilot zone before. But tonight, we played nearly acoustic (just a small amount of strings and acoustic guitars coming through the speakers) and with a beautiful piano. It was lovely. It was incredibly refreshing to not worry about hearing myself, or the frustrating sound that is my violin running through a pick up. Maybe it was that. ...I don't know. For some reason that I clearly can't explain, my mind was in a different place, and definitely more connected to just making music in a way that it hasn't been in a while. And it made me really love doing what I'm doing.

I'm not sure I could be more vague.

All I'm trying to say in way too many words is that I had an awesome, memorable night. Favorite so far. That's all. Bed time now.

-aisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your show in Brussels was amazing. One of the best live performance I have seen in this city so far. I would give anything to listen you and Mono together in that same place.

Here few photos from yesterdays show:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peixesloucos/sets/72157623673506391/