Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8 - London

Guys, you have no idea how nice it is to have my facebook and blogger back in English again. The Flemish, and German and French was getting a little confusing.

Today has been pretty alright. I feel like touring makes me very aware of every slight mood change I experience. And I think that simply noticing each change makes me overreact a little to them. It's a strange thing, what happens to my mind on the road. I have spent and will spend a disgusting amount of time trying to figure it out.

I've been feeling pretty quiet today. I think I need a good deal of time alone to recharge or reset or something. And the lack of that is probably one of the hardest things for me to adapt to on every tour for some reason. In its absence, I've felt a bit zombie-like. Hopefully it'll subside soon. Its quite boring this way.

The highlight of my day might've been the great video game adventure Andrew and I had this morning in the van. We installed a Nintendo emulator, and Andrew has an actual Nes controller that connects through a usb port! haha. so fun! We played pac man and then Mario 3 (my favorite), where he out-played me repeatedly...until the power went out on my computer and it was game over for real.

Traveling through the chunnel wasn't as exciting as I'd imagined. It just looked like a dark train ride. boooring. i slept through most of it. Then we had a slightly tense drive through crowded London streets, filled with impatient, and honk-happy people. agh! Things look sort of crummy in this area. It's not at all what I'd imagined London would be like. But apparently, I heard from a local that lots of artists live in this neighborhood. I heard a few different languages out on the street. There's a huge immigrant population here as well. We ate dinner in an awesome Turkish restaurant, and for some unexplainable reason, the waiter kept giving us free things! Free drinks! Free Turkish delight ( a traditional dessert). So, so good.

---I wrote the first half of this before the show. Things went alright tonight. Unlike our last show in London where about 8 people came, this place was packed. They sold 150 pre-sale tickets. nuts! I think there were definitely some weird moments in the set..not sure what happened exactly, but regardless, people were into it! We played Truth as our encore and sang the end without mics. It was great! Easily the favorite part of my day. I'm ready for bed now, but Mike and Rob are still chit chatting away with important people.

Tomorrow, well...not sure where we're going tomorrow. :)

starting to miss all you guys from home,
-aisha

1 comment:

Danyelle said...

Balmorhea has contributed to my education...by giving me something I can actually listen to while I read about changing America's schools! Thanks Balmorhea. Your music makes the world a better place in more ways than one :) I thought you should know.

P.S. I'm feeling extremely cheesy and happy today :)