Sunday, April 11, 2010

Edinburgh, Scottland

Somehow, whenever I'm ready to write in this thing, my battery is quite near to death. oh well. I'll quickly say that last night was swell. We played in Edinburgh, Scotland for the closing of Peter Liversidge's gallery exhibit. He invited us to play this event and by some work of magic it happened to fit perfectly into our schedule. He was so excited to get to know us and make us comfortable. I can't remember the number of times he thanked us for playing. After the show, he took us, along with some friends, to this really awesome Indian restaurant. A girl who worked at the gallery told me that she vistited India before but still loved the Indian food in the UK better somehow. ?! Not sure how that's possible, and I've never been to India, but this food was pretty delicious. Ate way too much annd loved every minute of it.

We spent the afternoon with Peter's family, who made breakfast for us and joined us at the table. I've never had such service in a house! They were refilling drinks and bringing out more and more food. I feel like sometimes I don't know how to respond to strangers with such enthusiasm for getting to know me, because I can't imagine anyone being so excited to know a person they've never met and will probably never see again. That paired with a general sleepyness and thirst for a moment alone left me with a bit of a subdued reaction. BUT I hope they didn't think I wasn't appreciative or glad for it all. They were so nice! Peter, his wife and his father took us for a walk atop this till that provided for the most scenic view of the city. Castles, hills, the ocean and so much green grass. ah, beautiful. I would move there if I could.

I got to briefly know two of the most adorable kids I've seen in ages. Man, wish I could post some pictures. But they were so cute. I turned around and Nicole was holding hands with 4 year old boy George and walking. She asked him about the book he was holding and he replied "Shall I show you?" Shall I ?! See? cute.

I just ate a whole pizza (not huge, maybe a small). I've gotten quite cosy on this couch in a restaurant/bar/venue we've been in for the past four hours. I think Nils is about to start so I think I'll head downstairs soon. Tomorrow we're make our second 7 hour drive in 3 days, down to Oxford, England. Oh the glamor of touring :)

-aisha

2 comments:

Danyelle said...

...it's better than studying

Alex said...

If I had told you, way back in the 7th grade, that one day you'd actually enjoy eating Indian food, you'd probably tell me I was crazy (and would continue to meticulously pick the chocolate chips out of your chocolate chip cookies). :)