Monday, November 22, 2010

home home home!

We made it!

We are all back in our respective cities, safe and sound after a day of soaring above oceans and states and flying down interstate highways.

I was greeted last night by my roommate sitting on the porch holding this sign she made well above her head.


awesome.



Today was the first morning I've woken up alone in a room and it felt completely odd. And although I came to without an alarm, without an itinerary, I still immediately got up, brushed my teeth, changed clothes and began doing things: hanging up clothes in my closet, calling in maintenance requests for the new house, unpacking things..etc. I think I have forgotten what it's like to wake up and just...lay.

There will be some sort of summary or list of updates, and highlights, and photos, but first I think I need to remember how to be static and not have a thing to do.

...right after I run to El Chilito for some breakfast tacos (!! My first tortillas and warm breakfast in weeks!) You have no idea how badly I want this. Texas, I love you.

1 comment:

Rémi T said...

Welcome home Aisha !

What a strange evening than tonight... I just saw a facebook message that explains that Balmorhea had a new album. I was so excited, until I realized it was on vinyl and not on CD. And I guess the 500 copies finally went out...

I was surprised too because Nicole does not appear anymore on the members list. Did she leave the band ? And what about Alex Dupree and the trapdoor band ? I just search for information of that kind on google, but abandon it. Just found her on facebook, maybe I will send her a message...

I did not know you made a blog about your touring, and it's so interesting to see it : I always wondered how would be the life of a musician, going from country to country for months... So I added it on my favorites one and already waiting for the next tour to get your impressions.

Kiss from France,
Rémi