Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nov. 17

A Brief Foreword: I spent part of this blog bragging about the internet in the van and then it failed me-cut out just as I was about to post this. So pretend its yesterday and that this is in fact a timely account of things. ok, then. carry on.

--

Epic fail on updating the tour blog. oops.

We are rounding out the last days of this adventure. It's been a pretty great run.

Last night we played in Hamburg with Rachel Grimes. She's an amazing pianist who just released a new album and played in an awesome band that inspired Balmorhea called Rachel's. I've listened to their records so much--it was daunting to play for her. But I think it all went very well.

I just realized that I don't realllly feel like writing at the moment, but it's fun because we have internet in the van in Germany. I am writing from the van! I am writing you while in transit! This is the future, I suppose.

um.. que mas?

Highlights:

-opened for a band called Tindersticks in Utrect, Netherlands. Lots o people. Crazy to out and see the standing room packed full of faces. But more insane look up and see full balcony space(!)

-Can't remember if I told you that we played in a huge cathedral in Gent, Beligum with cellist Julia Kent (She won't say it herself, but she's played with many, many bands and is completely amazing). It was built in the 18th century and everything sounded amazing and so, so huge. A couple hundred people showed up I think. And they bought all the merch that we'd predicted would last us till the end of the tour. ridiculous . How in the world does this happen?

Tonight we are supposed to play on some sort of boat in Rostock, Germany. Should be interestingggg. only one more show after this...This has completely flown by! I don't feel tired at all. The rhythm of this, being on the road, has become so normal to me now that I'm not anxious to be home. But, that said, It's currently in the low 40s here in Germany, and I must admit that I can't. wait. for. some. Texas. weather.!!

Home on Sunday!
See you guys soon,
Aisha

No comments: