Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 7

Hola,

We're still hangin out in the Vista house in Greenville.  I had one of the best night of sleep since we've been on tour.  We pretty much have this whole house to ourselves...including the kitchen :)  No, we didn't eat their food.  We finished off the left overs from last night's fantastic dinner.  One of the girls made tortilla soup and spinach enchiladas for us all.  

Last Night's Show (Feb. 24th)

The show went well.  A girl named Emily who lives here started things off.  She sang and played guitar and her voice was so clear and beautiful, kind of wispy and light.  She sa
ng some folky songs, beginning with a cover of Ryan Adams' "Oh my Sweet Carolina." 
After marveling at her voice, Balmorhea played. I can't really remember the set, but I know we played Soft Rustling, that new "Show Me" song, Divisadero, We Will Rebuild and the new untitled song.  It was nice to play acoustic again.  Everything is much more natural that way.

Trapdoor was last.  We had a pretty long set which included (among other things) Deep Ellum Blues, Ramona, Elizabeth, Four Green Mountains, and Shekinah (Alex, forgive me, I know I just butchered that...).  Man, I need to sneak around and get a recording of Mike singing that song.  It's so great!
  I don't even know what to compare it to.  I told him I wished I could get an alarm clock with him singing that.  I'd wak
e up sooo happy every morning!  You just have to hear it for yourself. I think one night he should do a bunch of covers of Alex's songs.  That would make my heart smile.

That room was pretty neat.  All the lights were turned down, save for a few strings of white christmas lights and 6 candles on a table against the wall.  We all sat in a line and the listeners sat in folding chairs around us.  At the end of Trapdoor things, Emily came up with her guitar and we all played a few songs with her, beginning with Ms. Ohio and ending with Amazing Grace.  I wish I could've gotten a picture of that.  Just the look of four acoustic guitars in a row was really cool.

Twas a good night.  We watched an episode of The Office before going to bed.  Oh how I love that show.

No comments: